Distributed systems engineer with experience in consensus, distributed execution, and technical leadership.
I’m a dad and a husband who programs computers for a living.
I like learning about algebra-derivative maths and their adjacencies, programming languages, and distributed consensus. For things that don’t map back to work, I like to play and study music, read fiction things, and spend nights in a tent alone or with the family as often as possible.
Principal Engineer: PolySync, Inc.
November 2017 - July 2018
- High assurance system software for autonomous vehicles
- Focussed in the areas of type theory, programming languages, and formal methods.
Software Engineer: Intel, Inc. / Nervana (AI Products Group)
June 2017 - November 2017
- Member of deep learning accelerator enablement team, responsible for making Nervana’s DL hardware easier to consume in cloud environments.
Software Engineer: Intel, Inc. / Software Defined Infrastructure
December 2014 - June 2017
- Creator and lead on a graph-based, typed, distributed execution engine.
- Initial member of Snap team, responsible for design and development.
- Work on NVML -> Go (I did this for Rust too)
Sr. MTS: VMware, Inc. / vCHS
March 2013 - December 2014
- Core team on Project Zombie, the automation platform for VMware’s public cloud.
- Owned transition from home-grown paxos-based distributed locking -> Zookeeper based coördination.
- Designed and owned cloud deprovisioning on said platform.
Ops Engineer: VMware, Inc. / vCHS
December 2012 - March 2013
- Member of VMware’s initial Ops team for vCloud Hybrid Service (vCHS).
- Wrote a CLI tool to checkpoint BIND changes with rollback, check in, & c.
- Converted SoPs into Puppet code.
Sys Admin: Enterhost Inc.
Feb 2012 - December 2012
- Acted as Sr. member of technical staff to a small hosting and managed service provider.
- designed and deployed midsize VMware-based hybrid cloud solutions.